To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available at the bottom of every page of our website.
We appreciate that you are trusting us with information that is important to you, and we want to be transparent about how we use it. Here we describe the privacy practices for our website and you will learn about the data we collect, how we use it, the controls we give you over your information, and the measures we take to keep it safe. Specifically, we’ll cover:
- Information We Collect
- Passive Data Collection
- Analytics and Advertising Services
- How We Use Information
- How Information Is Shared
- Your Rights To Access and Control Your Personal Data
- Data Retention
- Information Security
- California Privacy Rights
- Children’s Privacy Protection
- Changes to This Policy
- How To Contact Us
Information We Collect
“Personal Information,” as used in this Policy, is personally identifiable information, which is information that directly identifies an individual, such as first and last name, mailing address, email address, billing information, IP address or other online contact information, or telephone number.
We collect personal information in two ways. First, we collect information you provide to us in optional, voluntary submissions, such as sign-up forms, promotional signups, contact forms or live chat requests for customer service. Second, some personal information may be collected automatically. This is described below in “Passive Data Collection.”
Passive Data Collection
We may receive passively-collected information through a variety of methods including but not limited to:
Cookies: We may use a variety of methods, including “cookies” to collect information. Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at cookiesandyou.com.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, such as help you to navigate between pages efficiently, improve the user experience, and they can help to ensure that advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
A list of all the cookies used on our site and/or services are categorized below.
- Performance Cookies: Eye Care Digital collects cookies on our site to capture information about page visits. This information is anonymous and is only used internally to deliver the most effective content to our visitors. Information from the cookie is used to gauge page popularity, analyze traffic patterns and guide development of other improvements to our website.
- Targeting, Performance, and Functionality Cookies: In our email programs, Eye Care Digital employs several tracking methods. We track “opens” via a tracking pixel in the email – meaning we track who opens our email messages and when you open our email messages, and we track “clicks” via encoded URLs – meaning we track whether you click on the links contained in our email messages. This information is used internally only to help us deliver relevant messaging, and is not shared with any third parties.
Analytics and Advertising Services
Analytics Tools: We use analytics tools and other third-party technologies, such as Google Analytics, to collect non-personal information in the form of various usage and user metrics when you use our website. These tools and technologies collect and analyze certain types of information, including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics, usage and purchase history, MAC Address, mobile unique device ID, and other similar information.
The third party analytics companies who collect information on our website may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from other websites and/or other online or mobile products and services relating to your activities across their network of websites as well as online and/or mobile products and services. Many of these companies collect and use information under their own privacy policies.
You may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
How we use information
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To Improve Customer Service – Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To Process Transactions – Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased service requested.
- To Send Periodic Emails – The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- To Improve Our Website – In order for us to optimize our web performance, SmileMarketing.com tracks non-personally identifiable information regarding our website visitors (i.e. browser type, time of day, pages viewed, and other behavioral metrics…) using Google Analytics.
- Advertising – We use user information, including personal information, behavioral metrics, geo-location data, demographic data and marketing preferences to personalize and display advertisements and other content for you.
We DO NOT use ANY type of adware, spyware, malware or install ANY software on visitors computers during their visits to our website.
How Information is Shared
(i) to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order.
(ii) in special cases, such as a physical threat to you or others. In the event that we are legally compelled to disclose your Personally Identifiable to a third party, we will attempt to notify you unless doing so would violate the law or court order.
Your Rights To Access and Control Your Personal Data
You may ask us at any time for information about any personal data we hold about you or ask us to correct or delete that information. We will complete this request within 30 days of the initial request for information being received. Please complete this form to start this process. If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected], and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
We keep the information we have about you and your use of the Services for as long as necessary for our legitimate business interests, for legal reasons, historical research and to prevent harm, including as described in the How We Use Information and How Information Is Shared sections.
We work hard to keep your data safe. We use a combination of technical, administrative, and physical controls to maintain the security of your data. This includes using Transport Layer Security (“TLS”) to encrypt many of our Services. No method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure, however, if you have a security-related concern, please contact us at [email protected]
California Privacy Rights
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We, therefore, will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Children’s Privacy Protection
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect or maintain any information from anyone we actually know to be under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.